Have you ever heard wedding advice like “Enjoy every moment of your wedding day, it goes by so fast”
We all go through life relying on our memories to bring back those fleeting moments. During those events, like your wedding day, that are so jam packed full of amazing moments that you don’t want to forget its the photography that you will count on to help you remember.
So we can in fact set our future selves up for success when they will look back and remember one of the most amazing days of our lives.
Pre-Bridal and Getting Ready shots have become just as important (if not more important) than cutting a cake or tossing a bouquet in the modern world of wedding photography. Its one of the most hustling and bustling times of the day and since you are so consumed with thoughts and nervousness its hard to take a moment to take in all that is going on….
Here are some tips for the getting ready part of your day so that you are all set up for amazing photography.
- Put away things, clear surfaces and remove any clutter.
- Make a big deal out of everything… from Jewelry to a gift or special message that the bride and groom exchanges (capture it all)
- When you go to get your dress on have those around you already dressed (you will see them in the background)
- When you go to get ready (jewelry etc) do it after the dress is on (an amazing shot getting the earrings on in sweats and a t shirt just isn’t the same)
- Leave plenty of time… Rushing on your wedding day is not conducive to great photography
- If your space you planned on getting ready in is going to be cramped, consider a hotel room. There may be a $$$ cost associated but the peace of mind in having a clean sizable well appointed space is priceless… this can also cut down on travel time and open up more photographic options in some cases.
- Let your bridal party pamper you and treat you like a queen and don’t feel bad about this. This will free you up to enjoy and also create photographic opportunities for those important to you. (Jill helps you on with the bracelet, mom with the necklace, maid of honor helps lace you up etc etc etc now you have tons of photographic artifacts from your day to enjoy later while letting everyone participate in the day.
- Consider a professional to help you get ready. Hair and Makeup professionals know how to work in timely manners to help you look your best consistently and in certain timeframes… They also remove stress from you and those around you and understand the needs for hair and make up in regards to your day…. what not only looks good but will look good photographically as well as what looks good now as well as what will look good in 10 hours when your being introduced.